REPORT ON PARIKSHA PE CHARCHA 2.0
By Prof.Dr R.R.Deshpande & Dr. Divyashree K.S
Interaction of the honorable Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi with students to discuss examination stress was live telecasted on 29-01-2019, 11.00 AM onwards at College of Ayurved and Research Centre, Pune -44, under the guidance of Principal – Dr. Mrs. Ragini Patil and Academic Director – Dr. R.R. Deshpande. Dr. Divyashree K.S coordinated the live streaming of the interaction with the help of Mr. K. Khalate and Mr. Shete.
The streaming was done in the college Auditorium with the presence of Faculty members and UG and PG students. Around 35 students were present for the live telecast.
The salient points of advice during speech/interaction of Shri. Modi were as follows:
· Parents should not compare their children with others and children should be taught to compare their progress with their own past status. That means, Compare oneself with previous performances and try to improve it.
· Student should be self confident and they should not bother much about praise or criticism.
· Do not ignore the feeling of depression / home sickness or any other feelings.
· Suppression of feelings lead to depression. Hence students should seek one person with whom they can share their doubts or difficulties, who can guide them towards success.
· An advice to those who stay in hostels. Whenever students feel depressed or worried, they should go sit under a tree and write down the thoughts on a piece of paper, then tear that piece of paper into bits. This process can be repeated two or three times, till their all emotions get poured out. This will help in releasing the stress.
For parents and teachers:
· Parents may visit the teacher on his or her birthday and wish them, saying thank you for their help in nurturing their children.
· Do not criticize the student publicly. Even the management of any organization should avoid the criticism to any staff in public.
· Quadruped [Chatushka] – Parent, Teacher, Student and Management should be very well synchronized and coordinated.
· Exam questions and syllabus in school should be practical oriented. Students must be taught to apply the knowledge in life.
· Home sickness or the depression to the students living in hostel is very common. In olden days joint family was good medium for expression. Now a days expression is becoming less and suppression is becoming more.
· Create such environment at home/school/college where, student can express his/her thoughts rather than suppress them.
· Do not worry about society when depression issue comes to Psychiatric counseling. Future of your child is more important than what others might think.
· Parents when dealing with children should always think as a child in order to understand their problems. For example if the father is 50 year old and son is 15 year old, the father should think like a 15 year old in order to better understand his son and father should not expect that his 15 year child should think like a 50 year old person.
· Concluding remark – make your exams as a festival. Education and life training should go hand in hand.
· The program was very good
· Advice given by the PM for those staying in hostels was very good.
· Practical oriented teaching should be there